News & Advocacy
- A Message to our Community on the COVID-19 VirusDear Community, During these days of heightened concern for community health and safety due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we extend our wishes forsafety, good health and hope to our Stray H.E.L.P. family. Our Work Continues Stray H.E.L.P. volunteers have continued to care for street cats throughout the pandemic. There is no evidence that cats carry… Read more: A Message to our Community on the COVID-19 Virus
- Feline spay/neuter services offered for $50 at our clinic event in Fishkill on December 12, 2019Stray H.E.L.P. had a very successful Community Day event so we’re paying it forward by adding another clinic in Fishkill. We are offering folks an opportunity to get their pets or community cats s/n for just $50! There are other services also available. Please help spread the word.
- Join us at our annual Stray H.E.L.P. Community Day on Nov. 16, 2019!
- SOS to our supporters, Dec. 2019!Stray H.E.L.P. is back working a dire situation at a Poughkeepsie mobile home park. What began as a trap/neuter/return or place effort in March 2016 had become a massive re-location effort by July 2017. With your support we spayed/neutered and vaccinated 135 cats, adopted 49 of them into loving homes and relocated another 42 by… Read more: SOS to our supporters, Dec. 2019!
- Volunteer with Stray H.E.L.P.! Meet us and learn about various opportunities to make a difference for homeless cats.Do you or a student in your family need community service hours? Would you like to know more about fostering cats, trapping, working at our adoption center, or caring for stray cat colonies? On Saturday, October 26, 2019 Stray H.E.L.P. will be hosting a volunteer open house from 11am to 2pm at the Trinity Episcopal… Read more: Volunteer with Stray H.E.L.P.! Meet us and learn about various opportunities to make a difference for homeless cats.
- Stray H.E.L.P. Will TNR Nearly 60 Cats Thanks to Grant from John and Margaret Sinclaire FoundationExciting news! Stray H.E.L.P. has just received a grant award from the John and Margaret Sinclaire Foundation to further our trap/neuter/return and place efforts! With this award, we will be able to trap and alter nearly SIXTY of our beloved street cats, in addition to providing them with any additional medical treatment they need. What… Read more: Stray H.E.L.P. Will TNR Nearly 60 Cats Thanks to Grant from John and Margaret Sinclaire Foundation
- Stray H.E.L.P. Hosts Screening of “The Cat Rescuers” Documentary on June 3Stray H.E.L.P. is so pleased to be hosting this screening of the riveting documentary film “The Cat Rescuers” on Monday, June 3. Showings are at 2:00pm and 7:15pm at the Downing Film Center at 19 Front Street in Newburgh. Come get an inside peek at what we, along with so many other rescue organizations, do… Read more: Stray H.E.L.P. Hosts Screening of “The Cat Rescuers” Documentary on June 3
- Stray H.E.L.P. Partners with Dutchess County SPCA to Host FREE Trap, Neuter and Return Workshop on Saturday, June 1The Dutchess County SPCA (DCSPCA), in partnership with Stray H.E.L.P. and P.A.N.T. (Partnerships for Animals Needing Transition), will host a free Trap, Neuter and Return Workshop on Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. The workshop will be held in the lobby of the DCSPCA Adoptions Center located at 636 Violet Avenue… Read more: Stray H.E.L.P. Partners with Dutchess County SPCA to Host FREE Trap, Neuter and Return Workshop on Saturday, June 1
- February Spay/Neuter ClinicWe had our monthly clinic last week in Fishkill! Thank you to the team at T.A.R.A (The Animal Rights Alliance) for all that you do. It’s a pleasure working with you! There were a total of 50 cats that were spayed/neutered. Thirteen of them (6 males, 7 females) were feral/stray cats trapped in 3 different… Read more: February Spay/Neuter Clinic